Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lady GaGa releases Edge of Glory Online


Lady GaGa - Edge of Glory, originally uploaded by Yaghyah.

Yesterday Lady GaGa released a new single of her new album named "Edge of Glory". First it was Born This Way, then it was Judas - Now with a romantic story at hand this track was released online yesterday (May 9) and well... We're impressed

MTV Online reports: "It opens with Gaga's vocals over a keyboard.

"I need a man who thinks it's right when it's so wrong,"

Gaga sings: "Tonight, yeah, baby, right on the limits/ Where we know where we both belong/Tonight."


The song's production harks back to late '80s, early '90s adult-contemporary pop, when big choruses where the norm.

"I'm on the edge of glory and hanging on a moment of truth," she sings in the refrain. "I'm on the edge of glory and I'm hanging on a moment with you/ I'm on the edge."

What makes the song stand out from others on the radio now is a sax solo courtesy of Clarence Clemons (E Street Band) right in the middle of the track, as Gaga belts out, "I'm on the edge with you."

Clemons also appears on the song "Hair" on Born This Way. This single certainly shows a softer side for the star. Her previous two Born This Way releases have been harsher and more industrial-sounding."

The track was co-produced by Gaga herself, Fernando Garibay & DJ White Shadow. Garibay told MTV - "The great thing about dance songs is, for me, most of the time, they start off as ballads, and that's the approach I've been trying to keep going"

He also says: "We wrote songs,
particularly Gaga wrote these songs, to live in a dance environment. Yeah, they're dance, but I think the whole
thing, too, is that they're songs and
genuine to her."

I'd say... Three Cheers to Edge of Glory!!

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment