Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whitney Houston Dies Aged 48 - Twitter Mourns her death

I never thought i would wake up hearing the news of the death of such a well known & successful artist such as Whitney Houston... well atleast not so soon though.

The news of her death definitely came as a shock to all, she was a legend & i think thats what made her such a wonderful & inspirational person.

I can't really say much about her as i haven't (i must admit) been a huge fan of hers, but from the sorrow displayed from her fans as they post messages of support on social networking sites, she must've been amazing.

Here are just some of the messages posted online:

These were the reactions from the South African public upon hearing the news of Whitney's death.

@Melfunktion said: "Woke up to rumours that Whitney Houston (The Voice) has passed on. Say it aint so???? :'''''(((("

"@Melfunktion: Last time we woke up to tragic news of the loss of a legend on a Sunday it was Amy. Talented people & narcotics though ☹ #RIPWhitneyHouston"

@Reesiebabygirl said:  "Yes I didn't know her personally but Whitney, Mariah & Aaliyah got me thru my difficult teenage yrs. So I'm crying #realtears #RIPWhitney"

"@Reesiebabygirl: I will never forget how my sister @traceyleeoliver, performed Whitney on stage. Whitney is the reason she started singing. #RIPWhitney"

She was an inspiration to many

Bobby Brown said in a statement Sunday:

"I am deeply saddened at the passing  of my ex-wife, Whitney Houston. At this time, we ask for privacy,  especially for my daughter, Bobbi Kristina. I appreciate all of the  condolences that have been directed towards my family and I at this most  difficult time."

Whitney's mother said the following:

"We are devastated by the loss of our beloved Whitney.  This is an unimaginable tragedy and we will miss her terribly. We  appreciate the outpouring of love and support from her fans and  friends."

Sad.
RIP WHITNEY HOUSTON

SOURCES:
E-Online
Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment